Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hearts Hearts Hearts

On this day, February 19, 2008, I wish to make amends with the following people:

Virginia Woolf.

You really shouldn't have committed suicide. But I know things got pretty bad in your head and all. So, I promise, I'll do my best to love you non-judgmentally and only call you The Goat as a nickname and not a snide remark.

Girl at the Burger King drive-thru window who shortchanged me $15 my Junior year of College.
I was piss poor at the time of our exchange, so of course I carried some resentment into post-grad life. But I truly hope that you kept my money in your pocket and put it to good use, like mutual funds or that J-Kwon CD that was so popular at the time.

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Bixler-Zavala.
I really loved At the Drive-In and i'll never quite understand what impressed your hearts to quit. But with that said, even though The Mars Volta is pretty much a salsa jam band, I'm happy that you're doing what you love. I hope you can do it for years to come. Even though it's really, really terrible.

My friend Christine.
I was only attempting to be funny when I pretended that I thought Maroon 5 was Savage Garden and commented on loving their song 'Truly, Madly, Deeply.' Even though that one Maroon 5 song does sort of sound like Savage Garden, I can see now that my comments were in no way helpful and only covered my own insecurities at having kind of liked Savage Garden in High School. From now on, I'll try to keep all unhelpful comments to myself.

The Ghost of Tom Joad.

Tom, I have to admit that I have been a little disappointed on certain occasions when there has in fact been hatred in the air and you were nowhere to be found. I can see now that you were probably just extremely busy, what with all the newborn babies crying and fights 'gainst the blood and all. I shouldn't hold a disjointed world and busy schedule against you. So all is good and all is forgiven.

Hannibal Lecter.
I hate to say this, but I've never even seen one of your movies, Hannibal. But based solely on rumors and the vicious coincidence that your name rhymes with cannibal, I really judged your character and merit as a human being. I can see now that this is wrong and I vow to you that I will not be involved in gossip against you anymore. It's hurtful, slanderous, and just downright mean. I'm truly sorry to you and all your friends and family that have been affected by this.

2 comments:

filipe said...

chet, you should write a book.

also, paul and i will be visiting in about three weeks.

<3

Chet Harvey said...

i know man. i'm real pumped. i bragged to brad about it this week.