Thursday, February 21, 2008

Quotes

Quotes from Barbara Bush: A Memoir that sound humorous when taken out of context:

“And after I lost that $300 to Nancy over the George “The Animal” Steel versus Brutus Beefcake match, I vowed never to watch professional wrestling again. George laughed when I told him and said I wouldn’t make it six months. Well, I showed him by making it over two years.” (p. 164)

“Sure, we had mounted a full-fledged fight against Drug abuse at the time, but Hookah is not a drug, and I was prepared to fight to the death over it.” (p. 119)

“I had stayed up all that night trying to score tickets on the radio to the Popmart tour. And I knew the first minute I saw Bono walk out on stage it would all be worth it.” (p. 83)

“George and I just kept going back and forth, coming up with new jokes about Gorbachev’s birthmark. At one point he was laughing so hard he nearly threw up his pixie stick straws all over the bed.” (p. 72)

“And I’ll be darned if, right after I let it slip out of my mouth, I didn’t look up and see Ice Cube and Dr. Dre standing not ten feet from us.” (p. 204)

“Ted Kennedy really isn’t as big a fan of practical jokes as he lets on to be. He was mad about the ‘Chalk Burn’ incident for over three weeks.” (p. 29)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

looks like i am not the only one who has a blog....love it!